525 Dream me, God
Day 525 Monday, August 25th, 2021
Dream me, God
Jacqueline read this wonderful poem at yesterday's Emmaus Celebration and she graciously is sharing it with us today.
DREAM ME, GOD by Dorothee Soelle
It’s not you who should solve my problems, God,
But I yours, God of the asylum-seekers.
It’s not you who should feed the hungry,
But I who should protect your children
From the terror of the banks and armies,
It’s not you who should make room for the refugees,
But I who should receive you,
Hardly hidden God of the desolate
You dreamed me, God,
Practicing walking upright
And learning to kneel down
More beautiful than I am now,
Happier than I dare to be
Freer than our country allows.
Don’t stop dreaming me, God.
I don’t want to stop remembering
That I am your tree,
Planted by the streams
of living water.
Translated from the German, “Träume Mich, Gott” in das Brot der Ermutigung (Stuttgart: Kreuz, 2008)
As published in Dorothee Soelle: Mystic and Rebel by Renate Wind (Minneapolis: Fortress, 2012), p. 1
1. Here's a link to a brief video of Irene Bachelder's Celebration of Life made from the photos taken by Hermine Glaser. Great work Hermine!
2. Here's a link to Irene Bachelder's service from St. Leo's. We missed the first part of the Celebration of Life but the speakers who lovingly recounted Irene's life are here.
3. Please reserve the date: September 18, 2021
Step by Step:
Accompanying Each Other Home
A Zoom Retreat Morning with Diarmuid O’Murchu
Saturday, September 18, 2021
9:00 am to 1:00pm
9:00 - 9:15 Introductions, Welcome and Opening Prayer (David and Victoria)
9:15 - 10:00 Life Grows Around Grief (Diarmuid)
10:00 - 10:20 Break Out Groups (Diarmuid offers questions for discussion)
10:20 - 10:45 Open Forum (Large Group Discussion)
10:45 - 11:00 Break
11:00 - 11:30 Accompanying Each Other as a Faith Community During Difficult Times (Diarmuid)
11:30 - 11:45 Open Forum (Large Group Discussion)
11:45 - 12:30 Dying and Rising to New Life Contemporary Theology (Diarmuid)
12:30 - 12:45 Open Forum (Large Group Discussion)
12:45 - 1:00 Closing Remarks and Closing Blessing (Diarmuid and Victoria)
4. The Tide Is Turning for Justice in Palestine
It’s time to
Organize, Strategize and Act
Join members of the North Coast Coalition for Palestine on
August 24th at 7pm
Peace and Justice Center
467 Sebastopol Ave., Santa Rosa 95401
To brainstorm on strategies for:
· Building support for HR 2590 bill to defend the rights of Palestinians living under Israeli Military Occupation
· Bringing a national focus to controversy re: honoring of Israel supporter
Rep. Barbara Lee of Oakland to the Sebastopol Living Peace Wall
· Contributing to a national dialogue on:
a) ending the Gaza blockade
b) conditioning aid to Israel on ending occupation and the settlements
c) rebuilding Gaza
d) demanding reparations for Gaza
e) activating the right of return
· Defending and promoting BDS
Have something to add to the agenda?
We hope to see you Tuesday August 24th
Cynthia Poten, Rebel Fagin, Therese Mughannam